Monday, May 24, 2010

Rolling Stone Photography Contest

I sent in an entry for the Rolling Stone Photography Contest and never heard back from them. The photograph had to pertain to the Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee and I wanted to capture the essence of the event. Even though Rolling Stone never acknowledged my entry I still had fun doing the shoot…

The Contest Write-Up…

"Today wasn't like every other day.

Well, of course I went to work... at the same dead end job. The one that I spend sitting at my desk praying for the weekend to come early. Waiting for the chance to be myself, have a good time, and get out of these dark clothes; which is just a costume in order to come across as a "hard-working individual.”

Give me a break!

Well, today wasn't like every other day because, today I the got confirmation of my salvation... Today is the day my Bonnaroo tickets came through the mail!

Bonnaroo... Now, this is the place to let my hair down, spend time with close friends, and indulge in the presence of some of the world's most talented performers. Soon I will be off to Tennessee, a land far away from the sounds of my arrogant boss and running copy machines. Before I know it I’ll be at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, to fill my head with the sound of screeching guitars and wailing artists.

So no, today certainly wasn't like every other because today is the day I received my ticket to freedom…

This is going to be an unforgettable weekend."

-Sam DeAngelis

No comments:

Post a Comment